Thursday, February 16, 2006

OK one last thing on Gretzky

I’m just wondering if it’s really the media that can’t let this thing go, as it has now come out that Wayne and Janet are not going to be charged with anything, that they have done nothing illegal at all. It’s disturbing that the media chooses to go and hound innocent people instead of falling for the “Bait and switch” of the NJ State police.

Only the Media has the choice to determine what they write and we read about.If sportswriters are so concerned that Beckie Scott and Sara Renner were going to be thrown to the wayside because of Gretzky arriving in Turino than I would suggest that that is their own fault, not Wayne’s.

It has become painfully obvious that the sports media wants to crucify someone big on this story, and the NJ State officer(s) involved just don’t fit the “big name in stars” profile. It’s unfortunate that things have turned out this way, and I’m really disappointed that no-one has written an article trying to vindicate the Gretzky’s for doing something that has turned out to be not illegal.

I’m tired of people trying to dig in a hole with no dirt.

That was hard for me to write because being a Lemieux fan sticking up for Gretzky is like a Leafs fan sticking up for the Canadiens.

Does this count as being postive since I'm sticking up for someone???

4 comments:

Duffy said...

I get a kick out of how the media was asking Gretzky if it was fair to the other athletes the he was taking all the media's attention away from them. It seemed to escape their notice that they could just as easily have gone outside themselves and seen a few athletes. What a bunch!!

Mack said...

Erin and I laughed at that one as well.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you have a flickr acount. flickr's the bomb!

Mack said...

it is, even if my spelling sucks sometimes. I can't do it josh I have to change it, it's starting to drive me nuts...