Thursday, February 16, 2006

I don't work there anymore!!!!

Ok I was in photoclass, when two people started asking me about all the new photo printers and cameras that Futureshop has or will be getting. Well big fucking newsflash I don't know and I don't care, what those rip off artists have because I don't work there anymore biotch.

It is kinda cool though to hear a customer say that the quality of service and knowledge has gone way down since Marty and I left that pain in the ass circus. Nothing like hearing that people are going there to see if the camera they want is what they want and then going somewhere else to buy it, because the people working in that department don't know anything. It just brings a feeling of satisfaction to my soul.

Hey people I've worked there long enough to know that the crap they push like warranties and service usually covers stuff that never happens, and doesn't cover stuff that does happen. You want my advice find out if the manufacturer has a plan that will extend their warranty, I bet they will honor it and it'll be a lot cheaper.

What sucks big time is that there are lots of big box stores that have opened or are going to open here on the Island soon, so that means that the specialty stores that can serve every need of the photographer will be gone.

Sure we can go to Moncton or Halifax if there is something that we really need, but how many times are you going to make special out of province trips to fill in the needs that a big box store doesn't give a shit about.

I've got to stop bitching here and maybe write something a little more positive next time....

until then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah the photography situation on the island is sad at best. i've been fighting for years with it. it's pretty much down to the section at future shop and pei photolab.
we don't even have japan camera anymore.

ha. i'm not touchin the future shop topic!