Tuesday, May 02, 2006

News unleashed...


Well I guess I can finally say why I'm not returning to school right now. Erin and I are going to be having a baby sometime in late November. I really didn't want to put an extra financial burden on us right now, so a raise and a promotion to Inventory Overlord will do for now. We are very excited and are taking any suggestions for names, cool Irish names are the ones that we are looking at, Marmaduke is not one of them.

It looks like I have to wait until around January to have the surgery on my shoulder, hopefully I can have enough recovery time to play at least one more year of baseball.

Well Detroit did not fare out to well, being eliminated in the first round was not what I expected. It looks like Manny Legace will be looking for a new team next year. which is too bad he did have a lot of potential, and I think he would be a great pick-up for the Philadelphia Flyers. Eh Josh. So it looks like I have to re do my Western Conference picks. I have decided to pick the team from Alberta to go to the cup to lose to New Jersey. The Edmonton Oilers will be the Western team to beat now.

In a couple of weeks I'll probably be making new picks but it is fun, I hope nobody put money down based on my advice, and if you did you're stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo! congrats!

i've always been a fan of fiona. if i think of anything else i'll let you know.

Duffy said...

Legace, ah, no thanks.

Moe is right. Fiona is a cool name. I have always been a fan of "Jael" and "Naomi", not Niomi, N'A'omi. But if you call her (I'm not a big fan of ANY male names I can think of, so I'm not picking any) Naomi, then she feel uncomfortable when her sister Naomi comes over to play. In this, I am in no way implying that I have some unknown girl pregnant everyone. Just saying, that's what I plan on naming a daughter that I might never have. So there's my 'disclaimer'. Don't be too hasty to pick Jael either or she might get confused when Erin calls "Jael" from the kitchen and her and her OTHER sister both come running. Likewise, this is not an indication that I have a "Jael' coming either everyone. I'm just sayin.

Mack said...

Jael and Naomi are cool names but don't worry we won't steal them on you. I really like Naomi though. Fiona is an old cool name.